CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) UPDATE
Dear Averitt Patrons,
In the best interest of the health of the citizens of Statesboro, Bulloch County and beyond, the upcoming performances slated to take place in the Emma Kelly Theater and the Mical Whitaker Black Box have been postponed until further notice. We are working on plans to reschedule these events if and when the Coronavirus (COVID-19) epidemic has been eradicated.
Youth art education classes have been cancelled for at least the next two weeks. Youth ballet and youth theater rehearsals have also been cancelled.
Once again, Governor Brian Kemp’s office issued a statement last week as a reminder to follow basic prevention measures:
▪ Wash your hands often with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds.
▪ If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
▪ Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
▪ Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
▪ Stay home when you are sick.
▪ Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
▪ Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces. As I learned over the weekend from a very knowledgeable First Reponder, a bleach-based solution works well.
We will continue to update our patrons on our future decisions. Thank you so very much for your patience and your support of the Averitt Center for the Arts.
Averitt Center for the Arts